Brands must be noticed by the right people at the right time in order to grow.
Paying for Google Ads is one way to do this. Publish more SEO-friendly content. Or learn social media marketing.
Are you interested in the latter? If so, you need an effective following on social media.
Building a social media following and a loyal audience is possible with the right methods.
What are some strategies for consistently achieving these goals?
The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to get more social media followers (that engage with your brand). Follow along to learn tips you can apply immediately.
Which social media channels to use to gain followers
You can’t be everywhere all the time to market your brand on social media since there are so many channels available. It is crucial to be where your audience is today and to engage with them there.
Identifying your target audience and which social channels they prefer is your first step.
Here are several ways to do so:
- Interview and survey your prospects and customers
- Find out where topics in your niche are being discussed using social listening tools
- (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit) Find niche groups on these platforms
- Identify your competitors (they chose their social media platforms for a reason)
You can also read online reports about Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and others.
When you know where your audience hangs out, it’s time to learn the platform so you can make content that attracts them. What types of content perform best? The answer to this question will help you decide if a social media channel is right for you.
You may find that Facebook is a better choice if your audience is active on Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook. In the absence of a “visual” brand or industry, you will struggle to create the visual content needed to succeed on these channels.
Create an optimized social media profile for each channel.
Understand your audience. To attract a following, you need to build and optimize your brand profiles. Here are some tips:
- Make your profile stand out by uploading pictures, logos, or videos. Ensure that they are the right size for the platform. Different platforms require different image sizes. For example, on Twitter, your photo should be 400px by 400px.
- Your audience will recognize your pages if you use the same picture across your profiles.
- If your handles are the same or similar, it will be easier to find you across channels.
- Use specific keywords to be discovered on search engines. Make sure they are part of your bio and description.
- Include links to your website, landing page, and other social media profiles. Make sure the links work before distributing them.
- Be sure to fill out each section completely.
- Protect your reputation by untagging yourself from inappropriate posts.
When is the best time to post?
What are the best ways to schedule my social media posts? It depends on your audience, platform, and industry. Various social media platforms have posts and reports on the best times to publish posts. However, that does not guarantee it will work for your account or industry niche.
It is crucial to find the best time to post. You can examine your social media metrics on the platform or software you use to track this data, many platforms offer a scheduling feature to determine when is the best time to post to your specific account.
Your posts will be highlighted based on the days and times your posts receive the most clicks, shares, and comments. Take advantage of this to guide your future publishing schedule, attract attention to your content, and build a following on social media that is highly engaged.
Make sure to post consistently, but in a meaningful way.
If you’re on social media, you’ve probably heard rumors and myths about how often you should post in order to guarantee results.
Posting frequency is only one factor of publishing frequency. It’s equally important to be consistent and to add value. In the absence of helpful, inspiring, or actionable content, the audience won’t engage with you or follow your accounts.
If you don’t know what to post on social media, try these simple tips:
- Use surveys and polls to find out what type of content your customers enjoy. They can learn what topics they are interested in and, more importantly, what they don’t.
- Analyze your analytics data to figure out what content is most successful. Which images get the most clicks? Which videos? Which links? Or Text? What kind of content is most shared? Approximately how many likes does each piece receive? How does each piece perform?
- Analyze the best types of content for each platform.
- Look at what kinds of content your competitors are sharing. Are they focusing on product launches? Updates on customer service? Marketing campaigns?
You can automate your social media calendar using programs like HeyOrca, Buffer, or Later after finding content ideas so that you can schedule your content weeks or months in advance. By aligning your content mix with marketing themes, such as upcoming campaigns, you can optimize your content mix.
Creating social media content that is driven by data and insights will allow you to attract an authentic audience of social media followers.
Develop the right strategies to gain more social media followers.
Creating an authentic and engaged following base is one of the most important steps in growing your brand through social media.
Using these steps, you can encourage new social media followers to like and engage with your brand.
You should focus on the quality of your audience, not the size. Find ways to bring value, and the followers will follow.
Please contact us if you need help creating a social media blueprint!