Why is logo design so expensive?

Graphic Design Services

Share This Post

Remember that getting your company's logo designed isn't an expensive endeavor. It’s an investment. ROI and a whole lotta other returns will come with that investment.

There I am talking with a person. They are interested in my logo design services and want to know more. They ask, “How much are logo designs?” Seeing their eyes widen and stomach sink as I reply “Working with me will require an investment of at least $2,000 per project”, In that moment, this person thought, “holy crap, that’s expensive.”

Why do logos cost so much? I’ll explain.

Many people claim to be able to design logos. What you are paying for is how they create them. Find out how the designer/agency creates them. While some will be substantial, others will consist of stealing ideas or clip art, modifying a few areas, and selling the result as a unique design. The bottom line is you get what you pay for. I stand by that statement.

Let me share with you Wet Coast Marketing’s process as an example:

  1. An interview with the business owner can take up to two hours.
  2. Research – depending on the scope of the project, this can take hours, days, or even weeks. This includes keyword research, competitor research, demographic information, and more. You should know all of this before you create a logo.
  3. It is a labor of love to spend time-solving problems here. It takes time to craft ideas that follow the magic formula of logo design.
  4. A polished version of the logo design concept is where we get on the computer and start mocking it up. To make sure it works properly, we will tweak the design a little more.
  5. We present the idea to the client with a presentation – this is how we sell the idea. We need to tell the story of the logo and demonstrate how it behaves in real life.
  6. Presenting the design to the client and explaining why this is the logo for their company – another meeting. Presentations will be shown at this meeting.
  7. Ensure the client is really happy with the logo design by following up after a few days.
  8. Our final logo design is refined more into a final approved version if the client gives us the go-ahead. Then we design any necessary supporting materials such as business cards and envelopes.
  9. No additional charge is made if the client does not like the idea, we will go back to the drawing board.
  10. Delivering all final designs to the client requires packaging and delivery. Our process is similar to that of other designers/agencies who specialize in this type of work. When asked about the process of discovery, some will stare blankly at you.

As they say, you get what you pay for.

Don’t forget that you get what you pay for. You don’t have to worry about this when you buy a house, car, clothes or food. The final product will not be as good as it should be if the product is cheap. If it’s too expensive for your company, find out the details of the service they provide. Based on the value you receive, the price may appear reasonable. You can also look at their work and read their reviews before you decide. You need to find the right fit. Hiring a logo designer is not a one-size-fits-all process.

Why does logo design cost so much?

In order to create a unique, one-of-a-kind logo for your company, a lot of work and problem solving is required. You’ll never know what goes into creating a logo. Only 20% of the investment is in computer work. The other 80% is in research and exploration. How much is your company’s image worth to you? That is your decision.

Remember that getting your company’s logo designed isn’t an expensive endeavor. It’s an investment. ROI and a whole lotta other returns will come with that investment.

Ready to invest in your company? Learn more about how Wet Coast Marketing can help you with our logo design and branding services!

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

More To Explore


Discovering Your Audience: A No-Cost Guide

In today’s fast-paced world, keeping a finger on the pulse of those you serve is more crucial than ever. But fret not, we’re here to walk you through some savvy strategies and free tools that will not only enlighten you about your audience but also strengthen your connection with them.

From the warmth of in-person conversations to the digital depths of analytics, we’ll explore how each interaction and data point can be a goldmine of insights. Whether it’s through the direct questions you ask your customers face-to-face or the digital trails they leave online, each piece of information is a puzzle piece in understanding the bigger picture of your audience’s desires and needs.

Time To Boost Your Business?

let's Chat

Logo Design in Vancouver Wet Coast Marketing
Vancouver Marketing Company